HEALTH INSURANCE & BENEFITS
ILA 1624 members are eligible for healthcare insurance with MILA, Cigna, Aetna and EyeMed. For detailed information about MILA, the Managed International Longshoremen’s Association Health Care Trust Fund and links to other healthcare providers, follow this page.
MILA Eligibility and Contract Year
A Contract Year begins on October 1st and ends on September 30th. For Example: If you received 1,250 Credited Hours during the Contract Year, you would be covered by the Basic Plan in the following Calendar Year. However, if you received 1,300 or more credited hours during the contract year, you would be covered by the Premier Plan.
MILA Summary Plan Description
- The MILA Core Plan, If You Have Between 700 & 999 Hours Of Service In The Last Contract Year.
- The MILA Basic Plan, If You Have Between 1000 & 1299 Hours Of Service In The Last Contract Year.
- The MILA Premier Plan, If You Have 1300 Or More Hours Of Service In The Last Contract Year.
- Comparison Chart of all MILA Medical Plans.
- Who is eligible to participate in the MILA National Health Plan?
- Are your dependents covered?
- Your dependent as determined by a qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMCSO) or a National Medical Support Notice (NMSN)
MILA Prescription Drug Plan
MILA Pensioner Benefits
- The MILA Medicare Wrap-Around Plan, For Pensioners Who Are Eligible To Enroll For Medicare.
- Pensioners Who Return To Active Service In The Industry
- Medicare Part D Home Page. The Medicare Drug Plan, How It Affects Your MILA Benefit.
- Medicare & You 2010. Medicare Benefits Publication. You Can Order A Printed Copy Of The Medicare & You Handbook By Calling 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-Medicare).
Medicare Part D Note.If You Enroll In A Medicare Part D Plan, You Cannot Remain In The Mila Prescription Drug Plan. You Can Rejoin The MILA Prescription Drug Plan At The Next Open Enrollment Period (Nov. 15 – Dec. 31). Mila Rules, What Are Your Medical Benefits When You Retire.
- Members Who Retired Prior To October 1, 2004
- Members Who Retire At Age 57 Or Younger With 25 Or More Years Of Pension Service
- Members Who Retire After Attaining The Age Of 58 And Before Age 62 With 25 Or More Years Of Pension Service
- Members Who Retire After Attaining The Age Of 62 With 25 Or More Years Of Pension Service
- Members Who Retire At The Age Of 65 Or Older With 25 Or More Years Of Pension Service
- Members Who Retire With Less Than 25 Years Of Pension Service
- Members Who Retire At Any Age And Are Not Eligible To Receive Mila Benefits In Retirement